Search results (26)
Showing results 1 to 20
- Videos |Sharing EU laboratories – tiny particles, big possibilities
Romanian researchers track the most elusive of particles - neutrons - to help nuclear pioneers develop better cancer treatments and safe energy with less waste.
- Photos |The ESSOR Reactor and INE Complex at the Joint Research Centre
The ESSOR reactor used to be a heavy water moderated and cooled nuclear reactor. INE Complex is a facility involved in the nuclear decommissioning programme of the JRC Ispra site.
- Photos |The Whole Body Counter Laboratory of the Joint Research Centre
The Whole Body Counter is part of the radiation protection laboratories within the nuclear decommissioning unit and monitors radioactive contamination within the human body.
- Photos |The Electronics laboratory of the Joint Research Centre
The JRC's electronics laboratory in Italy ensures the correct functioning of all radiation protection instruments by electronic calibration and daily performance check.
- Photos |The Dosimetry Service of the Joint Research Centre
Our service offers personal dosimeters for indoor radon measurements in workplaces. The Calibration Centre has been accredited since 1997
- Virtual Tours |Take a virtual tour of the Nuclear Forensic Laboratory
Nuclear forensics provides information on nuclear material of unknown origin that has been intercepted during illicit trafficking or nuclear smuggling
- Videos |Peter Siegler - Nuclear Safety, Security & Safeguards
Faces of JRC science