Search results (30)
Showing results 1 to 20
- Videos |The science behind reliable COVID-19 testing
A reference material to ensure coronavirus tests don’t give a false negative result for someone who is infected with COVID-19 and 'Exit Scenarios' for the post-lockdown phase
- Photos |Alternatives to animal testing and chemical safety assessment
Animal testing has long been used to assess chemical safety, but the EU has been promoting the replacement, reduction, and refining of animal testing for many years.
- Photos |Molecular Ecology Laboratories of the Joint Research Centre
The Molecular Ecology Laboratories of the Joint Research Centre in Ispra, Italy deal with molecular ecotoxicology and microbiology.
- Photos |The Nucleic Acids Analysis laboratory of the Joint Research Centre
The nucleic acids analysis laboratory of the Joint Research Centre in Geel, Belgium, is equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation for conducting research in genomics.
- Virtual Tours |Take a virtual tour of the Food Contact Materials Laboratory
Discover how JRC scientists develop test methods and guidelines to protect our food from chemicals that could be transferred from the materials they come in contact with.
- Virtual Tours |Take a virtual tour of the Nanobiotechnology Laboratory
Discover how EU scientists contribute to reducing uncertainties about the potential impact of nanomaterials on health and the environment.
- Animations |Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Knowledge Gateway
In Europe, non-communicable diseases like cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancer are the biggest threat to our health and yet most can largely be prevented.