Are we making the most of the massive amounts of data our satellites provide on our atmosphere, marine environment and land? How do we turn what we see into decisive policies?
Search results (19)
Showing results 1 to 19
- Infographics |Knowledge Centre on Earth Observation
- Animations |Making the most of Europe's global eyes
The Knowledge Centre on Earth Observation makes sense of a wealth of data provided by the EU's satellites under the Copernicus program on the state and environment of our planet.
- Leaflets |Advancing knowledge towards zero hunger and sustainable food systems
Every year, more than 100 million people worldwide face periods of acute hunger. Our Knowledge Centre supports policy that make food systems more sustainable and resilient.
- Videos |Algae biomass for a sustainable and circular bioeconomy in Europe
Algae are a valuable resource for food supplements, cosmetics, fertilisers and fuels. The JRC is compiling and analysing data on sustainable algae production and use in Europe.
- Publications |Satellite monitoring of land, forests and agriculture
Satellite imagery helps assess and monitor the state of global land use over time. By comparing past and present images, we can get an overview of the evolution of land pressures.