The Joint Research Centre has been applying Life Cycle Thinking in several contexts and projects, such as within the Bioeconomy Observatory and the Biomass project.
Search results (256)
Showing results 1 to 20
- Animations |Life Cycle Assessment for strategical trade-offs in the bioeconomy
- Infographics |Knowledge Centre on Earth Observation
Are we making the most of the massive amounts of data our satellites provide on our atmosphere, marine environment and land? How do we turn what we see into decisive policies?
- Animations |Making the most of Europe's global eyes
The Knowledge Centre on Earth Observation makes sense of a wealth of data provided by the EU's satellites under the Copernicus program on the state and environment of our planet.
- Interactive Tools/Games |How is power generated in Europe? Check out our Power Plant Database
This database of the Joint Research Centre contains information on power plants from 27 EU countries plus the UK, Norway, Switzerland and the western Balkan energy community.
- Interactive Tools/Games |European coal regions in transition
The use of coal for the European economy has gradually declined since the 1990s. In their energy plans 21 countries have committed to phase out coal, lignite and peat by 2030.
- Leaflets |Advancing knowledge towards zero hunger and sustainable food systems
Every year, more than 100 million people worldwide face periods of acute hunger. Our Knowledge Centre supports policy that make food systems more sustainable and resilient.
- Videos |Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System needed more than ever
Since 2004, the UN and the EC have collaborated on a multi-hazard alert system calculating the impact of a disaster by satellite and coordinating the need for assistance on site.
- Videos |Algae biomass for a sustainable and circular bioeconomy in Europe
Algae are a valuable resource for food supplements, cosmetics, fertilisers and fuels. The JRC is compiling and analysing data on sustainable algae production and use in Europe.
- Animations |Flow chemistry and an innovative spray for safer air travel
JRC has created an innovative, safe spray containing a solution of homemade explosives to train sniffer dogs and test if the electronic detection equipment is working properly.
- Videos |The agricultural biomass in Europe
Did you know that Europe's yearly agricultural biomass is equal to the weight of 162 pyramids of Cheops? How to best manage this valuable resource and optimize a circular economy?
- Infographics |The EU biodiversity strategy for 2030 in a nutshell
Biodiversity is critical to our society and quality of life. The EU biodiversity strategy for 2030 sets out a path to become more sustainable and bring back nature into our lives.
- Videos |Track up-to-date progress towards a sustainable EU bioeconomy
To help measure a sustainable circular bioeconomy the JRC, in partnership with other Commission services and external experts, developed the EU Bioeconomy Monitoring System.
- Videos |How migration data is being used to boost economies
EU researchers are using big data to understand the phenomenon of migration better and back the development of more coherent and effective integration programs.
- Videos |Climate change: What will happen if we do nothing?
More fires, heatwaves and floods, especially in the Southern regions of Europe. Find out how much damage can be avoided if we act. And what if we adapt to global warming?
- Leaflets |Knowledge Centres - Knowledge brokers for robust policies
Finding it hard to navigate and make sense of available knowledge? The European Commissions Knowledge Centres can help you