Are we making the most of the massive amounts of data our satellites provide on our atmosphere, marine environment and land? How do we turn what we see into decisive policies?
Search results (37)
Showing results 1 to 20
- Infographics |Knowledge Centre on Earth Observation
- Animations |Making the most of Europe's global eyes
The Knowledge Centre on Earth Observation makes sense of a wealth of data provided by the EU's satellites under the Copernicus program on the state and environment of our planet.
- Animations |Flow chemistry and an innovative spray for safer air travel
JRC has created an innovative, safe spray containing a solution of homemade explosives to train sniffer dogs and test if the electronic detection equipment is working properly.
- Photos |Testing flat slabs at the EU Laboratory for Structural Assessment
A common used structural system for buildings are flat slabs supported by column. The SlabSTRESS project tests real scale flat slab building under seismic and cyclic loadings.
- Photos |Fire performance at the European Laboratory for Structural Assessment
After an earthquake, fire could spread faster if compartmentation walls fail. The EQUFIRE project studied the response to fire to improve design guidelines and standards.
- Leaflets |Individual resilience: how EU citizens cope in times of distress
A resilient society rests on the shoulders of resilient individuals – those with the capacity to deal with shocks and structural changes without compromising their own or their community’s prosperity
- Photos |The Narcotics Laboratory of the Joint Research Centre
The Joint Research Centre's narcotics laboratory provides scientific support to European Commission services in charge of legislation on new psychoactive substances.
- Infographics |An overview on Disaster Risk Management Knowledge Centre
Improved understanding of disaster risk helps to build resilience and informed approaches to policymaking, thereby contributing to sustainable, smart and inclusive growth.
- Leaflets |Key factors determining employment prospects for immigrants
The gaps between the employment rates of EU nationals and immigrants (third country nationals) vary widely across Member States
- Virtual Tours |Take a virtual tour of the EU Laboratory for Structural Assessment
JRC scientists research the effect of earthquakes on buildings and building materials.