Are we making the most of the massive amounts of data our satellites provide on our atmosphere, marine environment and land? How do we turn what we see into decisive policies?
Search results (23)
Showing results 1 to 20
- Infographics |Knowledge Centre on Earth Observation
- Animations |Making the most of Europe's global eyes
The Knowledge Centre on Earth Observation makes sense of a wealth of data provided by the EU's satellites under the Copernicus program on the state and environment of our planet.
- Interactive Tools/Games |How is power generated in Europe? Check out our Power Plant Database
This database of the Joint Research Centre contains information on power plants from 27 EU countries plus the UK, Norway, Switzerland and the western Balkan energy community.
- Interactive Tools/Games |European coal regions in transition
The use of coal for the European economy has gradually declined since the 1990s. In their energy plans 21 countries have committed to phase out coal, lignite and peat by 2030.
- Infographics |The EU biodiversity strategy for 2030 in a nutshell
Biodiversity is critical to our society and quality of life. The EU biodiversity strategy for 2030 sets out a path to become more sustainable and bring back nature into our lives.
- Videos |Climate change: What will happen if we do nothing?
More fires, heatwaves and floods, especially in the Southern regions of Europe. Find out how much damage can be avoided if we act. And what if we adapt to global warming?
- Photos |Atmospheric Observatory for air pollution of the Joint Research Centre
At the European Commission atmospheric observatory, the Joint Research Centre monitors classical air pollutants as required by European legislation.
- Leaflets |Emissions Database for Global Atmospheric Research
EDGAR is a global database of human emissions of greenhouse gases and air pollution on Earth
- Videos |Simone Bizzi, JRC Scientist - Hydrology and Morphology of Rivers
Faces of JRC science